1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommended Cab for Peavey T-Max Head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adman, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Hi all

I have recently gotten a Peavey T-Max Head ( specs can be downloaded here here)

and I wanted to know what Speaker Cab to use with it.

I will mainly be needing it as foldback and a little fill sound. I am mostly playing in Church which holds around 300 people so I need enough sound to fill the space but not be overly loud. I would like to have a full rich sound.

I'm using a 4 String Ibanez Soundgear SR1200 active bass

My other option would be to sell the head and get somthing like Behringer ULTRABASS BXL3000A wedge shaped combo Like this

I was just wanting some advice.

Thanks.

2. tpolgrafix

tpolgrafix

Feb 15, 2006
    North Dakota
    I have two T-Max heads. One is in the original T-Max 115 Combo Cab. (One 15" Black Widow Speaker and hi frequency horn) The other is in a rack running an 8x10 Workingman SWR Cabinet. It probably has plenty of power to run any range of cabinet configurations, but saying that, I wouldn't run anything less than a heavy-duty 15" myself. Hope this helps.

3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    :eek: I don't think I would sell a T-Max for a Behringer anything, but that's just me.

I used one with a 4 ohm 210. You could probably get by with a good 112.

4. I was trying to down size a little, the venue I always play in is upstairs. So lugging lots of gear up two flights of stairs is getting really tiresome.