Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recommended Cab for Peavey T-Max Head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adman, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Hi all

I have recently gotten a Peavey T-Max Head ( specs can be downloaded here here)

and I wanted to know what Speaker Cab to use with it.

I will mainly be needing it as foldback and a little fill sound. I am mostly playing in Church which holds around 300 people so I need enough sound to fill the space but not be overly loud. I would like to have a full rich sound.

I'm using a 4 String Ibanez Soundgear SR1200 active bass

My other option would be to sell the head and get somthing like Behringer ULTRABASS BXL3000A wedge shaped combo Like this

I was just wanting some advice.

Thanks.

2. tpolgrafix

tpolgrafix

Feb 15, 2006
    North Dakota
    I have two T-Max heads. One is in the original T-Max 115 Combo Cab. (One 15" Black Widow Speaker and hi frequency horn) The other is in a rack running an 8x10 Workingman SWR Cabinet. It probably has plenty of power to run any range of cabinet configurations, but saying that, I wouldn't run anything less than a heavy-duty 15" myself. Hope this helps.

3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    :eek: I don't think I would sell a T-Max for a Behringer anything, but that's just me.

I used one with a 4 ohm 210. You could probably get by with a good 112.

4. I was trying to down size a little, the venue I always play in is upstairs. So lugging lots of gear up two flights of stairs is getting really tiresome.