1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommended Cheap Amp with Aux in for iPod

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reez, Oct 23, 2009.

1. reez

reez

Oct 5, 2009
    Singapore
    Thinking of getting a new amp with an Aux in, intending to use one as my computer speakers, or just for my chillax corner plugging in an iPod and lazing during afternoon.

Any recommendations?

2. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Acoustic B20. Cheap, 20 real watts into a 12" speaker, 4-band EQ, 1/8" aux in and headphone jack. Pretty much a perfect small practice amp.

3. reez

reez

Oct 5, 2009
    Singapore
    Ah. Acoustic B20. I don't get that in my country. Noone brings it in. And shipping costs a ton.

4. NortyFiner

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    I didn't notice you were in Singapore. I visited there in 2006 aboard USS Enterprise. Lovely country you have there. Friendly people, interesting mix of cultures, and GREAT food. :)

So, what amp brands DO come to Singapore? That might help us in giving you recommendations.

5. reez

reez

Oct 5, 2009
    Singapore
    Urm, Ibanez, Vox, Marshall, Orange, Budda, Krank, Markbass,

that's about it? hah im not too sure either

and yar we do have great food. even 19years here in this small island I've not been able to taste every single kind of them.

6. NortyFiner

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Well, Ibanez makes a couple of small, cheap combos, but to be honest, I've never heard much good about Ibanez amps. I have been hearing a lot of high anticipation here for the Orange Crush series, so you might want to look at that. Marshall and Markbass, quite frankly, are too expensive for the kind of application you're talking about...

7. reez

reez

Oct 5, 2009
    Singapore
    But the Oranges do not have an Aux in if I'm not wrong?

EDI: btw can an iPod be plugged into Ashdown Perfect10's CD Input/Line Input

8. NortyFiner

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    True, Oranges apparently are missing that feature. Sorry, overlooked that part.

Yes, an iPod can be plugged into an amp's CD input. Depending on the size of the jack, you may need an adapter; iPod jacks are 1/8", while some amps' CD inputs are 1/4". But it should work just fine. I would also recommend plugging the iPod into a power supply in that application, because in my own experience, the iPod's battery drains pretty quick when playing into an amp.