Recommended DVD / VHS recordings?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tom7, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I recently bought a Lee Ritenour DVD (Anthony Jackson and Brian Bromberg on bass) and realized I LOVE watching people play. I mean REALLY love to watch people play!

Does anyone have any DVD / VHS recommendations they could make for me?

I'm especially interested in things with HOT bass... jazz in particular but not exclusively.

It doesn't matter to me if it is live performance or instructional; I just gotta have it!

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    wooten live at bass day 98
  3. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I see at the Bass Day DVD is coupled with a Marcus Miller live in concert DVD ($47.91 for the set).

That seems to me like a set I'd enjoy immensely; has anyone seen the Marcus Miller DVD? Is there a better place to buy these than Amazon?
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Joni Mitchell's Shadows And Light concert(w/ Jaco, Metheny, Mays, Brecker, & Alias).

See for details...
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Next week (Feb 19), Sade is scheduled to release a DVD of their "Lovers Live" concert tour. Unlike their last live concert video, this one will also have backstage scenes, too. I can't wait, because I really enjoyed her last concert video (on VHS format) and I'm certain this will not disappoint, although many of the songs are the same.

Another video of a live concert I enjoy is the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" tour debut concert.
  6. ryencoke

Nov 6, 2001
    get, bela fleck & the flecktones Live at the Quick...vic wooten does an amazing grace funk harmonic/chord mixed scale solo...awesome ****.

and get Phantom of the Paradise...good movie.