1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommended reverbs for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by R0VER, Dec 19, 2011.

1. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Whats the best sounding, bass friendliest reverb pedal or rackmountable unit in the $100-150ish price bracket (new or used) please?
    If its rack then I guess the price could go up about a $100 extra

2. bassofthe

bassofthe

Jun 5, 2011
    You should save up for an IE Nimbus, it's only $200

3. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

May 21, 2011
    On your budget a used EBS it will be not too bad. Isn't a excellent reverb but for the price it's ok.
    Cheers. Enrico
    YouTube
    WebSite

4. I have a digitech hardwire reverb i got on Ebay new for 120. its amazing, it has a ton of features and is rock solid. However you can tell its digital but, I think it sounds great and not too clinical at all. Really a great pedal for the price if you can find it and it should last you a while. Hardwire is a sleep brand for sure.

5. ttasselm

ttasselm Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
  6. nice video review, i really like your clean tone. i was also blown away by the tone at 2:08!!!!! it sounds great, i guess if you have a budget the hardwire would be better. Thats why i chose it, but it also does an amazing job for the price. still though the WET reverb is greaaaat sounding if u have the dough for it.

7. ttasselm

ttasselm Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks! And I do agree about the Hardwire - it is a fantastic reverb, no matter the budget. I love the way it sounds. It's probably a better value in the end in this case, but just thought I'd throw another option in the ring. ;)

8. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Checked your demo out on youtube and the Neunaber Stereo WET sounded fantastic. Nice clean demo too, its clips like these that make it okay to not be present in a store with the pedal. Thank you

9. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Is there anything better that you know of in the $200 price bracket? thanks

10. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Been searching around for bass related demos on this pedal but dont see any :s . Guess I'll have to wait to visit a store to have a listen. Thanks though!

11. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Went to GC to get a reverb. I compared Digitech hardwire with TC Electronics Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame won by a mile. So far the Hall setting handles low end nicely, I use it with a short time and level about 9:30, just a hint. Very natural and responsive. The soundprint gimmick almost made me go Digitech, but I'm glad I tried the HallOfFame.

12. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Great, I'll give that a look in that case. Any good with a long reverb?

13. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
  14. Own a TC Nova Reverb and a Hardwire, and I've previously owned a Hall of Fame and an EBS
    Hardwire is the one that stayed on my board FWIW - Nova sounds better but its harder to dial in a REALLY good subtle reverb than the HW or HoF
    And the 12V adapter is a pain if you're trying to keep your board quick and easy

15. i went to a shop one day,sat down and tried most of them-with the exception of nimbus,can't find it here-and,unbe****ingliveably-boss rv5 was the coolest,best sounding,no hissing,warm reverb....at least works withmy gear that way...i wanted the holy grail-didn't quite move me,fender spring reverb was a bit muddy,digitech hardwire hissed,and all the others were flanky on their own too,but rv5....no comment.loving it

16. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Hey davidAaronCarte any reason(s) in particular that you chose the Hardwire over the Hall of Fame or the EBS?

17. To my ears the EBS was a little too dry/clinical
    If you run A LOT of effects at once I think it would fit the bill really well but it didn't do the trick on my little board
    (I run my reverb in a loop with a mid/slight gain boost and blend it in for solos)
    HoF sounds thicker than the EBS but the character of the mod setting on the Hardwire was the big difference there
    I also felt I had less control of saturation with the HoF - frustratingly close to an "on or off" situation

18. i've really been enjoying the Boss Fender Reverb FRV-1 on bass and guitar - sure its pretty limited on tonal control and i am in no way any sort of authority on bass reverbs, but its the first time ive used a reverb on bass that i actually wanted to use again

19. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I use the spring reverb on my Strymon El Capistan and love it! I have used/own: Boss RV-2/3/5. Love the sound of the Nimbus FWIW

20. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Very happy with my Nimbus. Had an RV3 an though it was very flexible, I found it too "digital." Line 6 has nice algorithims in their M class effects.