1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recone Ampeg B15R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oder, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Oder

Oder

Feb 11, 2009
    Hi there friends

I have a Ampeg b-15 Reissue bass amp with torn speaker and I would rather want to be able to recone my speaker than replace it.

I live in Iceland and because expensive shipping and crazy cost of getting a speaker through the customs I think the best way is to recone this one.

Do you know of any recone kits for the original speaker?
    And if I have to replace the whole speaker do you have suggestions for one that would actually be a upgrade to my amp?

Thanks
    Magnus

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I would check with Ampeg. They should have a replacement for you. Or, find a local spkr repair shop, and they can find a re-cone kit. Good luck.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you have no luck getting it reconed in Iceland or getting a replacement (I have seen exact replacements on Ebay before), get the Eminence Beta or Delta 15a. They're the closest to what Ampeg used for the B-15R out of Eminence's own line of speakers and are the go-to replacement speaker for vintage cabs.