reconsidering Genz Benz?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Dec 21, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm looking into an offer for a Genz Benz GBE 600/6x10 cabinet rig, and I'm not quite sure about it. I'm currently a GK enthusiast and had planned on spending my next check on a 410RBH, but I could end up purging it on this. I've owned this rig before and was pleased with it. I also like idea of a 6x10 for most gigs, but the GK 410/115 could be cut down if I wanted to do smaller gigs. So what is everyone's input?

2. can i bump for a GK vs Genz Benz discussion?
  3. I'm using a 1001rb with a Genz Benz 6x10 XB2 and love it, so, I guess I vote for both.
  4. holy crap! , Jrug, reckon you can give a little more detail? thats EXACTLY the rig im after at the moment!
  5. Hmmm... well, the Genz carries the lows perfectly. Everything stays nice and punchy with all the volume I could ever need. Genz Benz cabs (at least the 6x10) are very efficient. My 1001 is really more like a 1001.5 because it has the preamp from the Mark II but origional power section and it pushes the cab just fine. I like the GK because it is so responsive and never really mushes out. It adds just enough color to the sound to give my basses a little extra bite and it carries the Warwick growl exactly how I like. I run it with a compressor and a Sonic Maximizer too. I've been on mad amp searches and haven't found anything I like better. Take note though that there are a great many brands that really don't exist in the Colorado market. I'm sure I could find better stuff but it would have to be a LOT better to justify the boutique cost.
  6. haha thanks Jrug, its funny, i checked your profile and i saw you play an Warwick FNA Jazzman, and im after that or the Streamer..

Thanks again!