1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

reconsidering Genz Benz?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Dec 21, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm looking into an offer for a Genz Benz GBE 600/6x10 cabinet rig, and I'm not quite sure about it. I'm currently a GK enthusiast and had planned on spending my next check on a 410RBH, but I could end up purging it on this. I've owned this rig before and was pleased with it. I also like idea of a 6x10 for most gigs, but the GK 410/115 could be cut down if I wanted to do smaller gigs. So what is everyone's input?

~Patrick

2. can i bump for a GK vs Genz Benz discussion?

3. I'm using a 1001rb with a Genz Benz 6x10 XB2 and love it, so, I guess I vote for both.

4. holy crap! , Jrug, reckon you can give a little more detail? thats EXACTLY the rig im after at the moment!

5. Hmmm... well, the Genz carries the lows perfectly. Everything stays nice and punchy with all the volume I could ever need. Genz Benz cabs (at least the 6x10) are very efficient. My 1001 is really more like a 1001.5 because it has the preamp from the Mark II but origional power section and it pushes the cab just fine. I like the GK because it is so responsive and never really mushes out. It adds just enough color to the sound to give my basses a little extra bite and it carries the Warwick growl exactly how I like. I run it with a compressor and a Sonic Maximizer too. I've been on mad amp searches and haven't found anything I like better. Take note though that there are a great many brands that really don't exist in the Colorado market. I'm sure I could find better stuff but it would have to be a LOT better to justify the boutique cost.

6. haha thanks Jrug, its funny, i checked your profile and i saw you play an Warwick FNA Jazzman, and im after that or the Streamer..

Thanks again!