Record Deal!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 5s_tring freak, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Hey dudes,
    I am in a reggae band called Acousticah, and we just got a 2 single, 1 EP deal, with a small, but respectable New Zealand company called Antenna Records! We go into the studio in two weeks!

When the ep is finished, I'll post it and you guys can listen to it. We are also opening for reggae/dub gods, Salmonella Dub, this weekend.
    But, because, no-one here, lives in NZ, I guess you won't be able to see us in action. Bummer.

If this is in the wrong forum, the please feel free to change it.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Congratulations! I hope your record sells well and best of luck in your gig. It is a surprise to me that there are reggae bands in New Zealand, but, come to think of it, why in heck not?
  3. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Way to go!!!! Congratulations and as much luck as I can throw your way (which unfortunately isnt much). I'll try to borrow some luck for you though. Seriously....I hope it works out for you.

Keep us posted on the ins and outs of the process.
  4. Congratulations, and may your CDs sell like crazy. And may all of New Zeland get Reggae Fever.
  5. Cograts! I envy you! I'm long forward to hearing some of your material, being a fan of reggae.
  6. Cool! i'm a reggae fan too! how much will the cds be?
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there are some new zealanders here - you should post a thread, "attention all new zealanders", or something to that effect, and you'll see.

congrats on the deal, dude :D
  8. Hope your album goes quadruple platinum, mon! :D
  9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Congrats! Can´t wait to hear yer music:)
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good Work!!! Very cool.
  11. PowerMad

Aug 6, 2001
    Congratulations...I hope it turns into a whole career of music making for you. :cool:
  12. Thanx heaps for all you guys support! I don't know how big the record will be, but Antenna Records are the shakers and movers in the Australasian music scene. so hopefully, we will get some decent exposure.
  13. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    congrats, man! :D

someday I hope to get signed to Epitaph Records. I just got that book Confessions of a Record Producer by Moses Avalon after I saw it in Bassplayer mag and its pretty damn good. Ill make sure I study it real good before I make any deals.

Good luck and may the force be with you :rolleyes:
  14. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Nice one! :D

Even if it is a small label, you never know who's watching, or what contacts they have. Let's hope it's the beginning of your recording career!