Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Record label and my gig on the radio!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by russ_4ft, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Hey everyone,

Firstly, i dont know if you're interested but my band have just signed to GOLF RECORDS (less than jake, jimmy eat world's british labels)
    We got a 3 album deal and £5,500 for the first album!

On another note -
    Just want to say that if anyones interested theres a special show of 'the lock-up' on radio 1 this tuesday midnight (going into wednesday) which is a feature on the 'smash it up' tour that my band have just been part of. the tour features us (4ft fingers) lightyear and jesse james.
    Radio 1 came down and recorded all of our sets on saturday night in aldershot, as well as interviewing us all. They will be playing 15 minutes of each the bands sets and then playing the interviews, so if anyones interested in listening in, it would be much appreciated!!
    Not sure what the frequency is but it's around 96.0 fm.

The lock-up
    Radio 1
    12 - 2am (very early wednesday morning)

- Russ

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats!!! that rocks. good for you.

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Russ

I met the bassist from Spine on Sat at Esquires and mentioned your band (we were stood by the poster). He said that his guitarist knew someone from your band and that you were worth seeing. Problem is that I might have a band rehearsal on the night you are playing Esquires (13th). I took and gander at your tour guide and Watford might be a possibility. I will PM you if I go.

ON TOPIC excellent news

4. Yeah, thats cool mate. Let me know if you can and i'll put you on the guestlist.

- Russ

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Thanks

Just had another look at your gig guide and you are in Watford 5th April and MK 10th May. I will try to get to one of those gigs but please dont go sulky on me if I can't :)

6. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Nice one, Russ! Let me know if you ever come up to Liverpool. If I remember, I'll have a listen.

You couldn't put a good word in with Golf for us, could you? :D

7. very nice russ,
    i am happy for you ,and wish you all the sucees in the world.
    frank

8. man, that is so cool! best of luck.

9. You're living the dream. Good luck. When the album comes out, I hope it finds it's way over to the States so we can check it out too.

10. Well, we have been contacted by MCA (blink 182, h20) about a possibility of them handling our records over in your part of the world so if all goes to plan, you could get the new album out over there!!
    Last night went real good on the radio, got loads of e-mails sent in sayin we rule and askin loads of questions etc. Everythings goin so well, just hope it carries on!!
    Thanks for wishing me well, one day if i make it as a big rock star, im sure i'll still be aroundaskin questions about how to play my damn instrument!!

- Russ

11. Any USA(west coast) tours on the horizon?:D

Congrats dude,that is(to coin a pharse)"totally awesome!".Here`s wishing you guys all the best(and remember us little folks when you make it BIG!)
    :p