Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording Arts Degree

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ahaynes4, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ahaynes4

ahaynes4

Oct 25, 2005
    Athens, GA
    I have been thinking about doing this program for a while now. Right now, I'm at the University of Georgia getting my business degree in management. Since the Terry College of Business at UGA is a great business school, I figured I would get a firm foundation in management before going somewhere else for a recording arts degree and eventually try to start my own studio, or something to that affect. I've been looking at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC for their Recording and Production degree. The director of the program received a Master of Science in Recording Arts from UC Denver, so I figure he knows what he's doing. Does anybody know anything about this program at ASU, or have any recommendations for other schools with a good recording arts degree?

2. greekbassist

greekbassist

Jan 5, 2006
    Hi ahaynes4,

I live in Arizona and there is a conservatory of the recording arts and science in Tempe, AZ. Here is the website http://www.cras.org/

It cost like $14,000 to enroll (there is also financial help as well) and it is an 8 month course. I believe after you graduate you have to do 2 month intership.

The enroll students every three weeks.

I am not sure what kind of program ASU offers, but there are a lot of cool community college here in AZ that offer certficiation in Pro Tools and the recording arts for less then what you would pay at the conservatory school.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Greekbassist