1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

recording bass guitar tracks without a bass guitar

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by jcksn34, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jcksn34

jcksn34

Mar 5, 2008
    This is a really weird question but i record music at home on my computer and don't own a bass so what ive been doing is recording the bass lines on my epiphone guitar clean, then pitch shifting the track down an octave and using amplitube 2 messing around with different settings to try and get a fat mike from nofx sound. it comes out i guess better than i thought it would but still doesn't have the power like a real bass. i don't know that much about bass guitar i was wondering if you had any suggestions or general rigs and settings to get the sound up to par with what i have to work with. thanx

2. You could get a decent bass guitar for under $100, especially used ones. Any other techniques would maybe require you to spend as much money on effects and so on. Unless you want to have a very unique bass sound, of course. Then just record it straight in, and use various effects such as compression in your recording environment to fine tune the sound.

Or, just use Garageband, it has tons of nice bass sounds, even sampled ones, you could use. --Kent

3. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Ah, nobody listens to the bass, anyway :) Don't worry about it.

:D

:bassist: