Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recording bass on the yamaha aw4416 digital workstation

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mlunsford, May 6, 2005.

1. mlunsford

mlunsford Guest

May 24, 2004
    Guymon, Okla.
    Hello,

I'm a recording artist and now have my own home recording studio. I write, sing, and record mostly country music. When I first start putting on bass parts, I was having trouble getting the sound I was looking for. An example the Alan Jackson cd "Who I Am". Though I have'nt used it yet, I recently purchased a Line 6 Bass xt pod. I play my bass parts with a Yamaha TRB 411, one of their high end basses with active pick-ups.

Can anyone who is familiar with the type of sound i've described give me some tips on how to use the bass pod xt with the TRB-411 Bass to achieve it

Thanks,

mlunsford

2. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Hi,

I've found that I can never get the sound I'm looking for when I record direct input electric bass.I've gave up as far as home recording goes,and I have a Tascam 2488.Perhaps it is the bass I use( Vigier passion graphite) that I bought in 1987.The pre amp uses batteries up like there's no tommorrow.I can only suggest firing your bass through your gigging amplifier and attain the sound/e.q./effects from that,then mic up your amp.and record the results.

Best of luck