recording bass on the yamaha aw4416 digital workstation

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mlunsford, May 6, 2005.

1. mlunsford

mlunsford Guest

May 24, 2004
    Guymon, Okla.

I'm a recording artist and now have my own home recording studio. I write, sing, and record mostly country music. When I first start putting on bass parts, I was having trouble getting the sound I was looking for. An example the Alan Jackson cd "Who I Am". Though I have'nt used it yet, I recently purchased a Line 6 Bass xt pod. I play my bass parts with a Yamaha TRB 411, one of their high end basses with active pick-ups.

Can anyone who is familiar with the type of sound i've described give me some tips on how to use the bass pod xt with the TRB-411 Bass to achieve it

2. fallon

Jul 6, 2003

I've found that I can never get the sound I'm looking for when I record direct input electric bass.I've gave up as far as home recording goes,and I have a Tascam 2488.Perhaps it is the bass I use( Vigier passion graphite) that I bought in 1987.The pre amp uses batteries up like there's no tommorrow.I can only suggest firing your bass through your gigging amplifier and attain the sound/e.q./effects from that,then mic up your amp.and record the results.

Best of luck