Recording device for interviewing people

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Vorago, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'm looking for a device to record peoples voice while interviewing them.

I know these recorders that use little tapes but I imagine that there's a whole new league of digital recorders out there.

Suggestions?

Many thanks :)

2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    If you got an Ipod, why not just use a blue mic?
    Blue Microphones

3. PaulNYC

PaulNYC

Apr 2, 2009
    New York, NY
    i got paid for a gig once.
    zoom h2

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have and recommend the Zoom H1. I see Tascam has a similar model on sale for 50.00 on some online music dealers.

5. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I have a line 6 Back track that I am very fond of. Not very expensive either.

How about an app for your smartphone? I don't have a smartphone myself but I've seen some of the young guys around church using apps to record with.

my 2 cents,
    Todd :)

6. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Beautiful Central, NY
    Another option:

Tascam DR-03

Product: DR-03 | TASCAM

dr03_left.jpg

My daughter currently uses this unit for that very purpose.

7. Papa Dangerous

Papa Dangerous

Feb 1, 2011
    I agree with the others and say go Zoom. The H1 can be purchased starting at $99. However, the Zoom H4n - about $290 - is a great tool for recording anything. I have heard people talk about how incredible the quality is for recording their performances with a full band. All it takes is the proper placement of it, and you can get really good quality. Otherwise, the H1 is more than enough for just talking.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021