Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording done at my home studio/my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ethon, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Tell me what you think of the recording/the song/my band/my playing...I love hearing input from other people!

Pillows Full of Wonder

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The drums seem to come through very clearly. Good job on recording them.

The vocals leave a lot to be desired, in style and substance, and it sounds as though there are some odd effects on them, (either that, or my speakers suck).

It's a little guitar heavy for my taste. And, I may be biased, but I would boost the bass.

I don't know much about recording though, so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

3. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I put a little flange on the vocals, and I do agree about the bass...but it's all something I can go back and work on :D

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Take the bunk off the vocals and ease off on the stereopanning, and it'll go a long way to make the track sound much better.

I like the guitar playing and tone, and I'm not sure where I stand on the mix of guitar and bass...sometimes, it seems perfect, and sometimes it seems a *bit* guitar heavy. Maybe going with occasional volume envelopes on the guitar, but overall, it sounds great at the moment. The drums sound awesome. Good playing, and great recording of them.