Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording Equipment

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Quizzo, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Quizzo

Quizzo

Aug 10, 2002
    Upstate SC
    What do you guys use to record with. Now I am sure that alot of you guys have professional equipment and such, but I'm on a budget. I would particularly appreciate any type of computer software. Thanks

2. my band just has a simple 4-track recorder, that we run into the mic jack on my laptop, and use nero's wav recorder. it sounds pretty decent, especially when you consider that we only spent about $100 on the 4-track. all it takes is a little creativity & a desire to make music to make a good album. it would be cool to have something like a tascam 16-track recorder and all that jazz, but we're all university kids with no money or jobs to buy fancy gear.
    we should have a website up and running within the next month or so with some samples songs up, so you can take a listen and see what almost no money can record for you.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You may get more responses in the "recording Equipment" folder.

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I use a
    Fostex Vf-16 (digital 16 track recorder)
    Ahtlon AMD 1800, Midiman Audiophile 2496 (I use to have a Creative Audigy DO NOT BUY THIS)
    Reason 1, Fruity Loops
    Cubase VST

I also have an old Fostex XR-7

I really am not to knowladgable yet on software, but there are plenty of people here that can help you.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Green Audio ME-1 bass preamp

Behringer Autocom MDX 1000 compressor

BBE Sonic Maximizer

Midiman Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard

Steinberg Cubase SX

Steinberg Nuendo

Steinberg Wavelab

Native Instruments plugins

Waves Plugins

Propellerheads Reason 2.0

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Tascam 424mk III Portastudio
    cheap mics and one SM57
    Auratone monitors run off headphone jack
    2 pairs of cheap headphones
    Fostex X15 'Portastudio'

I was given a lot of stuff, the rest I bought over two years.

I use cheap recording gear but good instruments. The reasoning is that I can take the good stuff into a real studio when I need to. I use my stuff to make demos. I have done some for various bands i have been in plus two bands that asked me to record them.