Recording For Practice

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bachlover, Aug 21, 2013.

1. I read a great thread regarding "Best Practice Advice Ever" and that was to record my practice sessions which I'm stoked to do, but, being an old fart, the 1st thing that came to mind was a cassette recorder, and would like to hear any advice on a more up to date (hopefully economical) way to do this. Love this site, any comments appreciated - thanks.

2. Forgot to mention - My practice amp is an Ampeg B15N with only an exterior speaker jack for a line out.

3. 1. Computer - even an old fart one, can be a recorder. Software is free.
    2. Apple iPhone or iPod - you may already have one. Cheaper than a computer. Apps are really cheap. Also iPad, but not economical.
    3. Don't really need to use your amp for recording practice. You can go direct from instrument to recorder. Software can emulate that Ampeg. Well, close anyway.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021