Recording for the poor

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fleabass89, Dec 11, 2001.

1. I want to record, on my computer if possible, but I'm broke. I have $400 but i NEED it for my amp. I downloaded Quartz, but my soundcard sucks so bad that the tracks were out of sync when I recorded. Any suggestions, or am I hopelessly screwed?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    What soundcard and cpu do you have?

A SBlive is the absolute minimum IMO, but the fun starts with a real audio recording card like a M-Audio (Midiman) Audiophile 2496 (ca. 200$).
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    My dad is getting free studio time from this dude he did some studio work for, so we might get an album together pretty soon.
  4. I've got an Aardvark Aark 20/20+ PCI card, breakout box and cable for sale. It does 10 in/outs, top-notch sound....

see it in the For Sale classifieds, or email me....

mark s.

contact me
  5. i don't even know what kind of soundcard i have (not too big with the hardware junk). My computer is a rebuilt piece of crap.:( I think I'll wait till i get a new computer... but my parents aren't giving in, it seems.
  6. yeah you are... :D

i'm thinking you need a better sound card, that's what i needed.
  7. flea - if u get a new cpu, let me over so we can record! :D lol my cpu sux too...i use a microphone (the feedback! oh the feedback! :rolleyes: ) to rec...and itz not good qual.
  8. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    I use my boom box.

Oh well, it works!