1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording from a Markbass Combo

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Amitbr1, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Amitbr1

Amitbr1

Sep 6, 2010
    Hey guys,
    I have the Markbass CMD 102P and im looking for a way to record it...

I tried connecting my MP3 player which has a recording function to the "Tuner Out" output on the back of the head, I got a signal but it was coming only to one side and it also has a very low volume.
    Is there any way to turn this to a stereo signal?
    Here are the head outputs:
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Using your tuner output won't give you the ability to use the head's tonal capabilties. A tuner output is place before any EQ or gain takes place so you won't get the Markbass sound on the recording.

Since you are using an MP3 player to record and you're only getting sound on one side I assume that the input of it is a stereo one. You can use the send effect output, an instrument cable and a mono-stereo converter to connect everything to the MP3, that way you'll get the head sound and a signal that sound on both left and right channels.

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

As mentioned, use a combiner to feed the mono signal to both sides of your recorder.

However, be aware that the tuner out is the same level as coming out of your bass -VERY LOW - similar to a microphone level. Your player may be looking for line level, such as from the output of your DVD player or sound card, that is much higher. To record properly you may need a recorder with mic level inputs, or to feed the amp output to a mixer with mic level input, and then to your recorder.

4. Amitbr1

Amitbr1

Sep 6, 2010
    What is a mono-stereo converter? or a combiner?

5. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    like this

Attached Files:

6. Amitbr1

Amitbr1

Sep 6, 2010
  7. Nope, you're using a stereo to stereo connection. You need to buy one of the cables uhdinator posted, Mono to stereo.

8. As for thecomputer line in, you need a mono to mono connection. A simple instrument cable will do the trick, you just need to use a 1/4" to 3.5 converter.

9. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    A little mixer would work fine for you.
    You can send one out to your amp for monitoring like from the main buss, and one out to the PC for recording like from the aux buss.

10. This.

Line out, sum mono.

11. Amitbr1

Amitbr1

Sep 6, 2010