1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recording from Alembic F-2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmanjones, Jan 29, 2003.

1. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I know that the F-1x has a DI on it which would do fine for recording. But, would the signal from the output of the F-2 (or even the output of a SF-2 if they were connected together) be way too hot for a mixing board for recording?

I finally got a chance to play an F-1x for the first time today and I was sold. But due to flexibility reasons (some things the stereo does that the F-1x doesn't) I want the F-2. BUT, no DI on it for recording. I've only ever recorded either straight to the board or through a DI. Alembic owners, how do you record with it....or can you at all?

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You're referring to the F-2B, I assume...
    http://www.alembic.com/prod/f2b.html

I'm guessing the output might be too hot for some mixing boards. If so, I would use a DI. I own a Countryman and a SABDDI; either of those would do fine... but if I was using the F-2B, I probably would use the transparent Countryman rather than adding tube emulation to actual tubes via the SABDDI. :) There are plenty of other nice DI options out there.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Thanks, this is what I wasn't sure of....whether or not you could add a DI to the Pre's output. Thanks :D

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sure thing! Just note that a DI might not be necessary, but better safe than sorry if you don't know. Most recording studios do have DIs; if you know where you'll be recording you can check... good luck!