Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording from Alembic F-2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmanjones, Jan 29, 2003.

1. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I know that the F-1x has a DI on it which would do fine for recording. But, would the signal from the output of the F-2 (or even the output of a SF-2 if they were connected together) be way too hot for a mixing board for recording?

I finally got a chance to play an F-1x for the first time today and I was sold. But due to flexibility reasons (some things the stereo does that the F-1x doesn't) I want the F-2. BUT, no DI on it for recording. I've only ever recorded either straight to the board or through a DI. Alembic owners, how do you record with it....or can you at all?

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You're referring to the F-2B, I assume...
    http://www.alembic.com/prod/f2b.html

I'm guessing the output might be too hot for some mixing boards. If so, I would use a DI. I own a Countryman and a SABDDI; either of those would do fine... but if I was using the F-2B, I probably would use the transparent Countryman rather than adding tube emulation to actual tubes via the SABDDI. :) There are plenty of other nice DI options out there.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Thanks, this is what I wasn't sure of....whether or not you could add a DI to the Pre's output. Thanks :D

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sure thing! Just note that a DI might not be necessary, but better safe than sorry if you don't know. Most recording studios do have DIs; if you know where you'll be recording you can check... good luck!