1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording Gear Setup Question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Oct 14, 2013.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Hey there!
    I have a home recording station that I've been building up over the years. I have a few questions about hooking up my amp to my interface. I have a TecAmp Puma 900 that I love and cherish with all my heart, the tone is just what the Doctor ordered for me. Now, When I tried to plug in my PUMA to my Apogee Duet 2 running through Logic Pro X I didn't get any sound. I don't know if there is something I am missing or what. Please any sort of insight would be helpful!

Thanks,

-Adam

2. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    No input? :(

3. Chromer

Chromer

Nov 28, 2012
    Well, that could be one reason, yes. :)

I'm not a Logic user, but here are a few things to check...

Do you have signal at the interface's input?
    Is the input selected as a signal source for the track?
    Is input monitoring turned on for the track?
    Is the track armed for recording?
    Is the track routed to the master channel (or to a bus that is routed to the master channel)?
    Is the master channel routed to an interface output?

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Is there a mic/line button?

5. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    When I plug my bass directly into it I get output, but when I plug my amp into the XLR output and plug my bass into my Puma I get no output.

6. Use the preamp/line out or mic the amp.

7. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    XLR DI out to XLR in on duet

Open maestro SW and select input for duet to +4 line level.

Select track input 1 if plugged into 1 on duet.

Select i and r buttons on track.

If input level is too hot turn down amp preamp gain as that is what feeds the DI out level and or turn down duet input gain.

You should be able hear your bass in your monitors that are plugged into duet outs or duet headphone out if using HP.

Master fader at 0, and track assigned to 1/2 main outs. Leave Ch fader at 0 to set record level to -10 to -12 peaks, then you can adjust fader after rec level is set to desired monitoring level or just use your main out volume on duet.

Note (ch fader does not effect record level but does effect meter, so if it's not at 0 when setting rec level, you are not seeing the input level correctly.