Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording Gear Stolen in Houston 6/22/05

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by rumblethump, Jun 27, 2005.

1. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    A good friend's house was broken in to Wednesday 6/22/05. The thieves stole his complete recording studio computurer, monitors, 4 track recorder, guitars and audio tapes. If anyone has any info on this type of gear "available" please e-mail me at rumblethump@yahoo.com. Please put "stolen gear" in the subject line. One item is a roland equiped black squire strat with a rosewood neck, white pickguard. I will have more details of all the equipment in the next couple days.

The thief even had the balls to call him the day before the theft to be sure he was out of town. I will get his name so no one else will make this same mistake.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Sorry to hear. Hope the gear is recovered.

Be very careful with this. As much as I'd like to see the name, and as much as you would probably be doing others a favor by posting it... once you post a name in a public forum such as this, you could be called upon to prove your allegations.

If you identify the "thief" by name, and you *cannot* provide proof, you may find yourself in a bad spot, legally.

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Thanks for your concern and yes I'm aware of the consequences.

My friend arrived back home yesterday and has revised his stolen list. His instruments weren't stolen, thats the good news, but everything recording related, computer, software, 4 track recorder are missing. At least his master tapes weren't taken

He was nice enough to allow this slimeball into his home and record him. This is the Thanks he gets in return.

Lessons learned here. Screen everyone coming into your house more carefully, and never mention you will be out of town.

BTW, he purchased a 9MM last night, no waiting period in Texas :rolleyes: