recording of capuzzi concerto in d

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by cheech, Mar 17, 2005.

1. cheech

Mar 17, 2005
    can anyone tell me if there is a recording of this i cant find one anywhere.any suggestions? thanks
  2. hey and welcome to talk bass ;) although i do not know where to find this im sure someone here will best of luck!
  3. cheech

Mar 17, 2005
    Thank you so much!Excellent
  4. Thanks Patrick, it looks interesting.
    The only recording of Capuzzi I know is a LP featuring Lucio Buccarella (DB) with orchestra I MUSICI. Coupled with Bottesini Gran Duo and a Rossini Sonata. It's nothing incredibly good, but it's interesting at least for the Capuzzi. It's not too difficult to find, separately or in a big box of LPs.
  5. Sophie

Feb 8, 2005
    Canterbury, UK
    I found the IMusici version on an LP for a pound in an Oxfam shop, but it's with Vivaldi trumpet concerto and some other stuff. If you're playing it I'd recommend looking at the editing for the F major version and transferring it - I find it's much more musical and fun to play. :hyper:
  6. I am playing this concerto right know, and as I am about to start a new piece I found Mark Morton's recording. He does a really good job with it. You should check out Thresholds

Here is a list of what is on the CD:

Henry Eccles, Sonata No.11, Bk. 1, in G Minor: Largo, Corrente Allegro staccato, Adagio, Presto. Sergei Rachmaninoff: Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14. J. A. Lorenziti: Gavotte. Max Bruch: Kol Nidrei, Op. 47. Camille Saint-Saëns: Allegro Appassionato, Op. 43. Gabriel Fauré: Après un Rêve, Op. 7, No. 1. Antonio Capuzzi, Concerto for Double Bass: Allegro moderato, Andante cantabile, Rondo Allegro. Ernest Bloch: Prayer (No. 1 of “From Jewish Life”). Franz A. L. J. Keÿper: Romance Adagio, Rondo Allegretto. Chang Pao Yuan: Grassland Song

Best of Luck.
  7. One of my teachers gave me a casett tape of Lucas (can't remember the first name but the teacher at Miami) Playing the Capuzzi and some other stuff. I haven't even listened to it yet.
  8. HighLvlMonk

Jan 15, 2010
    Is the Capuzzi concerto listed here in f major or d?

My playing ability in a few weeks at solo/ensemble is reliant on my luck in finding a good complementing recording. So thanks