Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recording on a budget?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Dec 5, 2000.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    i am trying to get my band recorded and send some stuff to record companies? how would i go about getting the best recording of:
    lead
    bass
    drums
    singer
    and guitar
    on a budget of about £300

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    About $600 US, for those who are curious.

Moved to "Recording Gear & Equipment":rolleyes:

Will C.:cool:

3. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    That's not a heck of a lot of money. With the advent of digital home recording, record companies seem to be pickier about what they will consider listening to these days.
    Perhaps your best bet is to have your band practice until they have everything down cold, then go into a studio and record three songs for your demo there (I'm not an expert, but I have always been advised to limit your demo to yoru best 3 songs). Have them burn you two CD's, one mastered and one dry (so that you can more easily have it remastered later if you want). Use the mastered version to burn demos with a friend's CDR if you have access to one, otherwise, make tapes from the CD.