1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recording on Acid Pro 5

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Boldaz-Lepton, May 4, 2006.

1. Hi...

I have Acid Pro 5 and although I know it is not specifically designed to do multi track recordings I would like to use it that way. My problem is that when I record my self playing the bass over a drum loop the drum loop gets recorded in with my bass track and the newly recorded track sounds like a mix of both. I know it's not supposed to be like this but the tutorial doesn't seem to be helping much. I know I'm doing something wrong, but don't really know what. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

BTW: I have a Creative Audigy 2 soundcard and plenty of power in my laptop. I just want to record 2 or 3 bass tracks...

2. winston

winston

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I've used the free version of Acid 5 and downloaded the Acid 6 30-day demo. Is it possible you're recording the output of the master left/right mixer signal (which would include external inputs plus whatever's playing in the sequencer at the time) as opposed to just the input signal from the bass channel? Be sure you're using the ASIO driver (if your soundcard has one).

I also know that Acid 5 is limited in terms of audio recording, whereas Acid 6 is supposed to be a full-fledged DAW so you might want to upgrade.

3. Yeah, I will have to fiddle with it a little more. Thanks for the advice, though. I'll try to get Acid 6 sometime soon.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.
    Thanks...

4. i never had that problem with sony acid pro 5, but i did have a ton of other problems with it that led me to switch over to the new cakewalk sonar (great investment)... i suggest you look into that program

5. I will take a look at it. I also considered Cubase SX3, but it's kind of out of my league financialy at the moment... :crying: