1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording process help-beginners to advanced

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by filmtex, Nov 12, 2020.

1. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    I've been following, and commenting on, many of the threads about understanding the recording process, especially since we've been locked up in our "studios" for months now. As a recording enthusiast since I was very young, it's been interesting to read about all the different levels of understanding about the process. Not to mention the chops that all the "new" technology requires.
    I've been following Graham Cochran on his Recording Revolution youtube channel for months and he has initiated a pretty interesting series that I think might prove helpful for many of us, irregardless of your level of experience, budget or present equipment status.

The new series is simply- "
    Record and Release a Song In 8 Weeks

Here's the first installment:

I really like his video style, the lighting, sound and editing is first-class and he does a great job of explaining things.
    Hope this is helpful. Enjoy...

graphics1988 likes this.
  2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Yep - Graham's channel (Recording Revolution) is a good one! I also like Produce Like a Pro, although Warren can get quite verbose at time.

3. Basslice

Basslice Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    +1. During this Covid time I have worked a lot on learning Pro Tools. Graham's lessons were (and continue to be) key to my progress. I would enroll in his pay-courses if I was actually trying to make money on recording.

4. tothemax

tothemax

Nov 1, 2013
    Annapolis Area
    I'll have to check out his site. Thanks for the recommendation...

After playing with Cubase LE for a while and then going back to Audacity. Basically as quick way to clean up and edit band practice recordings. I watched a video on the new free version of Sonar by Bandlab - Cakewalk. I've been using this DAW for about 6 months now and am finding myself progressing well with it. Lately I've been working on the basics of DAW recording which has been really cool. For Cakewalk I find this guy, Mike Enjo (Creative Sauce is his YouYube channel), very knowledgeable with the product and explains things pretty well.

FYI: I found this book is a great resource, the Art of Digital Recording by Steve Savage.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021