Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recording quality

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jiro, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Im having trouble with my recording quality because my bass sounds like a tuba according to my friend hahaha. Im using adobe audition and i plugged the bass straight into the computer.

2. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    It could be alot of things. Maybe the output is too high from you bass into your computer. What kind of bass are you using? Can you get your hands on a preamp of some sort to give you more control? Maybe you can download a program for amp simulations. Hopefully, someone else on here might be able to suggest something you could download or some alternate hookups to try.

3. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    well im using a passive p-bass hooked to an amp that has a cable running from the line out on the amp to the computer.

4. Well my bass sounds like a tuba when done direct to a multi-track recorder, too (see sig for recording ex.).

I like it at times, but its just from too high output...but I like that output...any way to smoothen out the tone?