Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording Question List

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TheTestvb, Jul 7, 2001.

1. TheTestvb

TheTestvb

Jun 21, 2001
    Well my band almost has our pa system but we are planing ahead more. What would be the first thing We would buy to start recording our own stuff? Is recording your own work a good thing. Is a mixing board for recording. What was the first recording hardware you bought?

2. Recording your own stuff is a good idea. we do it all the time, it's good for the lead-singer, so he can practice at home too..

the drumms is always the crappiest part to record.. i mean.. guitar, bass + vocals are easy.. just tap a line-out from the amp to the recorder, but drumms don't have line-out.. so you'll have to record the drums seperately from the rest..

the way we always do it : we record guitar + bass +vocals with line-out, then give the drummer a headphone with the recording, and record his drumms.

i think for starters a simple 4-track recorder should do fine.. they're not that expensive.. 200/250 dollar should do..

3. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    To get a good sound for your drums, you'll need several mics and a mixer. Send the signal from the mixer to the hardware. I've found this works well.

4. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    can u use...lets say.. a 4 input powered mixer of a pa system to record drum tracks?