Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recording setup question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Mar 24, 2003.

1. I'm in a band were we have a violin/guitar play, and i play bass and synth. we're having practice on saturday, but with out my cousin's amps, since he moved back up to NH. My question is, how would i hook up the synth and bass, as well as the violin and guitar to one amp?

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    PErsonaly I would 'nt try that on a bass amp. You would need a mixer to do that. A mixer combines chaneels into a single channel, most times stereo.
    Here is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...2136674698/search/g=rec/detail/base_id/100518

I think that the violin should be loud enough by itself. The synth definantly needs amplification and your bass.If the guitar is acoustic then no amplification either. So basically pretty much only need 2 channels to go into the Amp, counting the guitar is acoustic. You can buy a cheap 2-1 plug, but you might have to buy 1/8' - 1/4' convertors to do that.That will definantly mess with your frequency response.

3. thanks man, i appreciate it, but would it work if i just plugged the Moog into the mixer, and then patched it through headphones?

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    sure..give it a try.....jsut make sure you have the volume down on the amp before you you plug those things in. I don't know how the synth (minimoog?) is going to go thru the mixer and into your amp. Just be careful and turn volumes down before you plug them in. Then rise them up to the level you want.