Recording studio in OC

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by wyleeboxer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Hey Mike

My band is ready to do a full length album. Weve been in the Orange County (which I think you live close to the area) doing shows and recording for about 10 years. Played with a lot of good bands and recorded in some good studio's (ex. Time Bomb, Record Factory, For the Record, Matrix studios, The Shag etc..). However, even though we come in prepared and are very compatent musicians, most of the recording's we have done always seem to come out Sub-parr and overall lacking the dynamic, big punch sound. Do you know of any studio's and engineers locally that you would recommend? Looking to spend around $4000.

Thanks for any info!
  2. By the way, I remember growing up checking your band out since the day of Fenders, Safari Sams, The Golden Bear, Big Johns Pool Hall, playing with bands like the Vandales, Chili Peppers, Social D, the Dead Milkman, Husker Du, TSOL etc... so I think thats its only appropriate to ask you a local band question. Although I was so young and it was so long ago I cant exactly remember which clubs Ive seen you at :) Great to see you still at it!