Recording Studio Name

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jack, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Hi chaps,

For my business project at school I am doing a business plan based around a recording studio/rehearsal space. My studio is low priced and aimed towards the legions of young amateur/semi-pro rockers who have garage bands that maybe play pubs/clubs and want a good demo or album.

So, a large number of TBers would fall into this category, no? What do you think my studio should be called?

2. Pocket Change Studio
    Lo-Dough Audio
  3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  4. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Right, its not like the brothel of studios or anything, some classy names would be appreciated (and here come the comedians with the REALLY classy names) :D
  5. I was being serious with mine.

I personally think "Broke-n-record" is a fantastic play on words...broken record / $broke$-n-record??? ]

By what you describe, this name paints a perfect picture...a real no-question as to what it is response. Just because it's a bit budget don't mean it's bad. At least in my opinion.

Sorry man.
  6. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ahhh, the wonders of only being able to read, and not hear.

Sorry Mon, I tought you were maybe poking fun (a little, and i really didnt mind) and you thought I was trying to get back at the people (despite the smileys, text is really inarticulate)

So sorry, faults mine, and Broke-n-Record is on the shortlist, along with FrugalGroove. :D
  7. Eh, no harm done. I guess I just like to think I'm a genius. Deluded and all that sure...but... ;)

I love working on projects like this. At heart, I'm an entrepreneur. Savvy...

I had to do the same thing for my then would-be Wife in re: to a hair salon. Seeing as I love Kung - Fu movies, I thought she should call it scissor kicks.

She got an A. ;)
  8. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    those are some good ones, Mon!

I can't beat that.

9. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I call my basement studio "Lagrange Point". No witty story, I just like astronomy.