1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording SVT4 pro

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by brentandang, Dec 6, 2011.

1. brentandang

brentandang

Dec 6, 2011
    I have an SVT4 pro. I am a long term guitarist dabbling into the bass and recording. What is the best way to record this amp? Is it by micing or by using an output on the rear panel directly into the mixer?

2. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I recorded my svt4pro in 2007 and 2008 in a great studio in TN called The Soundlair. The engineer had me on 4 channels IIRC.

1. Line out post EQ
    2. Full range mic on an Ampeg 4x10
    3. Sub-only mic on the same Ampeg 4x10
    4. Ambient mic in the same booth as the 4x10

The bulk of the signal was the line out channel and the full range mic channel. I was quite pleased with the sound I got. You may not be able to dedicate 4 simultaneous channels to recording your svt4pro, but if you can do two (line out and a mic), you will have a lot of control over your sound.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Just play around with it and see what you think. Run a mic, run a line to the board...it's all good.