1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording through a Line 6 Toneport?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hey, so i got this line 6 toneport (the small GX one).
    I'm trying to record with it but Adobe Audition wont pick up the sound. I can only listen to my bass if i plug my headphones in the line 6 headphone output, and not my laptops input.

I messed with my adobe audition settings and it records the signal now but i can only listen to it if i plug my headphones into the output on the toneport.

help?

2. What version are you using?

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Okey Dokey.

I record EVERYTHING at www.tellhazelrun.com with mine including drums.

Here we go. You have to have the Line out from the actual Toneport device going into your computers sound card line in as well as making sure you have the Line In mute off. I think windows has the mute on by default.

4. thing is i have a laptop and it doesnt have a line in input, thats why i got the toneport because its like a usb soundcard thing.

5. If you have version 3 of adobe audition, you can the set the monitoring to audition mix instead of external and the sound should go through your speakers, its works for me.

6. thanks, ill try that ive got AA3