1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording Using Ipod Voice Recorder

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JamesM, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Probably in the wrong place,

anyways, me and my band did some rough recordings the other day using an ipod. My mate had a small recording device that u clip onto it and you can record.
    Although they came out a bit rough, i was amazed at how good they came. Drums sound really good, guitar is clear and the bass is a little low and muffled but can still be heard.

So if any one needs something for doing rough demos etc, i would recommend buying the recording device for ur ipod, it was only $70 (nz). Has anyone used them before? I forget the name of what they are called.

You can hear our recordings www.myspace.com/untiltedfunkproject
    Just remember they are rough, but good for what we used to record them :)

2. I think the device your referring to is called Micro Memo. I posted a thread about this device and received no responses. I bought one anyway and it works well. Not great but gets the job done with ease.

Pros - It is compact (adds about 1.5 " to your Ipod Nano), quick to use, works with itunes, records in .wav format, has a line in for a different microphone if you dont want to use the builtin. It cost me 60 dollars.

Cons - The builtin speaker playback has low volume, there is a little noise with the recording but nothing that you cannot EQ out.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Wow, not a bad recording at all. Technology has come a long way! A nice cheap alternative! I'm also digging the Zoom H4 & H2 units as well!

4. Yea i was surprised at how good it came out. I was expecting the worst lol.