Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

recording with no money

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Aug 29, 2002.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    i have deicded to share my experience of recording to make skint people feel better.

i'm in a band now, me and the drummer jam really well, like just jam and it sounds cool, so we decided to record it at the next session. we got doug, the guitarist, he's very good at seeing what notes im playing and the like and doing really cool stuff at the right opportunity, without acting like an arse.

anyway, i borrowed a minidisc player and plugged it into the p.a. hung mikes of the bass amp, guitar amp, bass drum, hihat and snare.

and then we were jamming,

it cost me a fiver to split the rehearsal fees with my bhoys.

we made a cd, it last for 25mins and the recording quality is pretty damn good i say!!

the only thing that is alittle annoying is the vibration from the snare when the bass is played, but that dosent come accross when your playing all together.

nad that my friends, is how i made my cd,

then we got evacuated because of the rain, yes johnny boomb boom boo, it was that day last month!!!
    and i was 3 and a half hours late for work!!

but hey, all for a good cause!!!!!

Vencerimos

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That other way is to have somebody in the band who is a close relative of a big studio producer - that's how we did it for no money! ;)

So we went at the weekend to this guys huge all digital studio in the countryside of Surrey - on the side of a mansion, with swimming pool and gym - where he's recorded Cher, Celine Dion etc

Cost us nothing!

3. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    well, thats pretty lucky,

mogwai did a lot of recording in the same place as us, thats the only groovy thing,