1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording Youtube Videos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Does anyone do this frequently?

If so, are you willing to post a tutorial on how to record videos? I use a mac, but have been struggling to record play-along videos.

I use Logic to record, but syncing up videos and stuff is a problem for me and I'd LOVE some help.

Thanks!

2. what are you using for the video? perhaps try using a video slate to sync to. I clap my hands. It's a sync point that's obvious and easy to line up, then just lob it off . . . iMovie is a good tool, though this latest incarnation, I find, is not at all precise and sort of annoying to use as older versions . . .

3. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I'd be interested to see a tutorial as well. I feel like I use brute force all the time to get things posted, there must be a better way

Todd :)

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I tried with iMovie, but it's a Pain in the ass. A clap is a good idea to get it synced up. Never thought of that.