Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Recordings from Recent Gigs?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Justyn, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Steve and Michael,

I think I remember reading on Steve's blog that there were some recordings made at at least one of the recent UK gigs...any chance we'll be able to hear some of that? Perhaps a modest do-it-yourself live album?

J.

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I took a MD recording - the quality's not great but certainly listenable. I should get the tracks on my computer in the next few days. I wouldn't put them up for download unless each of the artists involved gave their full permission but I could make the tracks availble to Steve if he wants to grab them and select a few snippets to make an official 'bootleg snapshot' section on his site.

BTW, Steve, were you getting a batch of Michael's CDs to sell. I've already got all of your releases but would be interested in getting some of Michael's stuff in my collection alongside my bootleg recordings of the couple of times I've seen him perform. I'm not so keen that I want to start splashing out on international CD orders but if you're making some disks available in the UK I'm all ears.

Wulf

3. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    We did record one of the gigs, so hopefully something from that will make it into a listenable form at some point in the future - hold fire on distributing the MD recordings just yet... ;)

I do have a limited number of copies of Book Of Flame, so if any of you UK guys want them, please email me to confirm there's still one available, then send a cheque to me for £11 inc P+P.

cheers!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

4. Hey Steve, would cash be a suitable alternative to cheques? I don't have any money in my acount which has a cheque book, but I get paid by cash tomorrow, so would sending cash be OK?

Equally, what gig was recorded?

Finally, have you ever supported or played at a Level 42 gig?

Thanks,

Mark.

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    hi Mark,

email me, and we'll sort something out re: payment for the CD

Yes, I opened for Level 42 on their 2002 UK tour! :)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net