1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Red Fender jazz MIM w EMG's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by frootbooty, Apr 2, 2009.

1. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Here is a red MIM fender standard. The pickups have been upgraded to EMG MJ actives. These are active EMG's which are made the same size to fit in MIM jazz basses. The battery is under the control plate with no routing done. I painted the headstock to match, readded a fender jazz logo and polyd over it. There is a bit of overspray on the edges of the headstock that could probably be touched up with steel wool or sandpaper but I never took the time. It has seen some use and there are several dings on the body. There is a hairline crack above the top screw on the neck pocket. I couldn't get it to show in the pics. I think it goes through the wood. It hasn't widened or affected anything in the years I've owned the bass. It is a fantastic player. The action is very low with no buzz at all and the neck is slim and fast. $320 CONUS takes it. Ships with a hard case
    003-1.

2. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Dropped to $300 shipped CONUS