Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse Bass Tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ACDC1989, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ACDC1989

ACDC1989

Aug 8, 2005
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone could be able to tell me where i could get 100% accurate bass tabs from the 'Red Hot Chili Peppers' and 'Muse'.

I have already checked the following sites but they have not been very helpful:

mxtabs.net

ultimate-guitar.com

taborama.com

tabcrawler

2. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    www.powertabs.net

You need to download the editor & you'll also need winzip

This is the best tab site in the world !! :bassist:

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Are you serious? These are two of the most popular bass bands going right now and you can't find tabs for them?

4. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    get guitar pro..

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hal Leonard - internet tabs are a joke.

6. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    Matt - I agree with you, but for the notable exception of powertabs.net, which is truly excellent. :bassist:

7. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    the best tabs will come directly from the cd... by ear.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Trust me, this has actually been done to death. If people want to use tabs, you can't really change their minds.

9. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i should have worded it properly. I meant that the original poster should create his/her own tabs if they must have tabs. :)

10. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    100% accurate bass tabs

Now that is what I call a contradictio in terminis.

11. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I do wonder sometimes about tabs, do the authors even play them. I mean I've played some stuff that has just been wrong in my time that actually produced painful dischords. I always correct them though, no point being selfish and keeping corrections to yourself. Fortunatley I have the gift of a brother with perfect pitch so any song that I come to a dead end with I can get help on. It's scary watching him work, within two listens of a song he can play it perfectly on a piano and write out any guitar and bass parts for you. He's lucky and he knows it.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I use this sometimes.

13. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    powertabs.com could be the greatest thing ever. It's entertaining to just sit and watch Dream Theater tabs play through. Usually, i'll use basstabarchive.com and just use the chord changes as clues and figure out the song by ear. Little bit of both worlds.

14. Guitar pro is the best. Good to write down ur ideas too. I sometimes wonder who has the time to completely tab out Dance of Eternity by Dream theatre w/ rhythem. great

15. Agreed. I wouldn't think anywhere is 100% accurate, but this is the best site I've found... combined with my own ears of course.

Guitar Pro can be good, but I've d/led a LOT of really bad tabs for that program as well.