1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Red Hot Chili Peppers are Good for You.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Old Garage-Bander, Jan 16, 2017.

1. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I think the RHCP are a bit overripe at this point. Probably should not ingest.

2. It gets the blood flowing.

giphy.

Excited+cat+is+excited+you+guys+loved+the+dog+thread+big_dc8b28_4283595.

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I like the ones that burn both ways. :eek:

Gaolee likes this.
  4. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    A friend of mine grew some wicked scorpion peppers, he ate them like candy.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I eat them all the time, at least every day.
    I am seldom sick, can't remember the last time, and I attribute that to my chili pepper intake.

-Mike

blastoff99 likes this.
  6. they're also very good for your virility

7. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    STEPPED ON A PEPPER

594d1e75153ff52a7e316b1dc3c93517.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    If this is true, then I'm gonna live forever. You'd be hard pressed to find something I don't put Tabasco on. I guess you could start with breakfast cereal, but after that, mo' hotta, mo' betta.

Same with red peppers (salads, sandwiches, sauces) and crushed red pepper seasoning.

As I type this, I have 4 different types of Tabasco in my cabinet, plus a big container of crushed red pepper seasoning.

Gaolee likes this.
  9. fingerguy

fingerguy

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Bloody Mary
    Considering eating carrots did nothing for my vision don't be shocked about my doubts.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You need to branch out from the Tabasco for your sauce choice, and start eating actual peppers.

-Mike

11. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I eat all kinds of peppers all the time. We got a great crop of jalapenos from the garden last summer, and I didn't get through them. Next year, if we get a good crop, they will be pickled. We have different kinds of dried peppers that we put in just about everything. My wife grew up in England, but she doesn't do bland any more. We are both immortal!

12. The more I watched that first cat, the more I laughed.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  13. Glad that ain't my microphone.

S-Bigbottom and bholder like this.
  14. Big chili lover here. Never met a chili I didn't like.

Fave chilis = Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

Fave hot sauces = the smoky-tasting ones with habaneros and ominous sounding names like "Road to Hell".

Gotta be careful with the habs though. Too many, too often can flat **** up the esophagus lining. Not good (don't ask how I know).

15. Tom Bomb

Tom Bomb Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Then, it may follow,

16. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Trust me, I eat more than my share of peppers. Jalapeños are decent, though not really hot. Same with Serrano. Scotch Bonnetts and Habaneros are hot enough. Especially if I'm doing the cooking or getting my fix of Thai food. But Tabasco is just always within reach and easy to apply. I keep a bottle in my desk drawer at work.