1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Red Hot Chili Peppers: True Men Don't Kill Coyotes

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by hernameisrio, Jan 2, 2012.

1. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Does anyone have tabs or tips for this song? I'm just getting into slap and I feel like it's a good one to start with, especially the intro...however, I'm having trouble muting the D and G strings fast enough after I slap. Ideas?

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    No but if I remember right there is a very good bass cover of it on YT.

Great song. Great album. Those were the days.:meh:

3. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm on YouTube right now, I'm not usually a fan of learning songs that way but I'll have a look...yeah, those WERE the days...now that I'm getting into slap in a pretty big way, I've been revisiting early Chili Peppers and loving it!

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

I'm not a fan of it either, but then again, I think of tabs as cheating too. I'm old school I guess and I like to learn songs by ear. That said, in a pinch when I need to have a song down really fast, I will check YT for a good cover.

Everything they did through One Hot Minute is great. I have zero love for anything they have done since.