Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_is_for_me, Apr 21, 2003.

1. bass_is_for_me

bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Omaha,NE
    I am going to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Queens of the Stone Age, and Mars Volta on May 4th. I was wondering how long I should expect it to last? It should be a great show! :bassist:

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    From what I've seen/heard of live chilis... Fat Tony won't be singing exactly... on key. John's guitar playing has been a bit off since he died of heroine OD... but Flea and Chad outta be cool. I also think QOTSA should be good live.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Shouldn't be more than 3 1/z-4 hours,,, you will be out of there by 12...

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ah yes, but what if it the show doesn't start until 10! ;) :p:D

5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I wanted to get tickets to this tour, the NYC date. Too bad I dont have like $45 to spend on it. Should be liek a 4hour show.

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I agree with StupidMatt about Anthony,, he don't hit notes very often. Personally I think John plays quite well, and his vocals are more spot on than Anhonys as well! Chad holds a good groove,, but Flea might be better off to concentrate on playing instead of jumping around like Sid Vicious.

7. JazZ-A-LoT

JazZ-A-LoT

Jan 5, 2003
    A lot of people go to Chili's concerts just to see flea put on a show. Hell after you play he same riff 100 times on tour you try to find other things to do ;)

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'd expect the chilis... expecially flea... to be pretty improv...