Red MM SUB...what colour pickguard???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by manavdhir, Sep 1, 2005.

1. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    hey guys, i've got a red MM SUB and i desperately wunna change the thin-sheet metal pickguard on it.

I'm thinking maybe white pearl or black pearl...anyone have any suggestions?

If anyone does happen to have a MM pickguard for sale lemme know!

Cheers,

Manav

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    1 ply black to match the headstock.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I agree. Black. To match your soooooul.

4. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    +1
    did mine A LOT of good... :D
    [​IMG]

5. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    by the way - get ur pickguard from dabootzman - great quality for the price...

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Someone should send that img to ernieball...
    nice sub

7. Does anyone know a site that makes 5 string sub pickguards??

8. That bass looks great!

I've got a SUB 5 in textured teal - haha it must be the only colour that the aluminium diamond plate looks good on (obviously only my opinion, subject to change). Hmm, that reminds me - I gotta go take a photo!

What a bass. SUB owners; unite!

9. Im getting a red SUB5 soon =D, I guess I'l give the original pickgaurd to a carpenter and tell him to do the same thing but 1 ply black. the black pickgaurd looks really sweet on it, oh and manavdhir would you mind sending me more pics of your sub in a pm :smug:

10. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    here's a couple of pics of my SUB (see attachments)

Attached Files:

11. Sweet, thanks dude.

12. quite frankly anything would be a hell of alot nicer than the discusting sheet metal one. I'd go with a regular white one. the perloids not bad either.

13. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    :hyper: Amen brother!! :hyper:
    i hate those who diss the SUB without really giving it a go...especially those who dismiss the finish as "cheap" - sure, it's not shiny, but how many times have you recently had to wipe down your 'proper' finish?? mine looks the same it did when i bought it new, and i haven't cleaned it once :cool: