Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Red MM SUB...what colour pickguard???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by manavdhir, Sep 1, 2005.

1. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    hey guys, i've got a red MM SUB and i desperately wunna change the thin-sheet metal pickguard on it.

I'm thinking maybe white pearl or black pearl...anyone have any suggestions?

If anyone does happen to have a MM pickguard for sale lemme know!

Cheers,

Manav

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    1 ply black to match the headstock.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I agree. Black. To match your soooooul.

4. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    +1
    did mine A LOT of good... :D
    [​IMG]

5. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    by the way - get ur pickguard from dabootzman - great quality for the price...

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Someone should send that img to ernieball...
    nice sub

7. Does anyone know a site that makes 5 string sub pickguards??

8. That bass looks great!

I've got a SUB 5 in textured teal - haha it must be the only colour that the aluminium diamond plate looks good on (obviously only my opinion, subject to change). Hmm, that reminds me - I gotta go take a photo!

What a bass. SUB owners; unite!

9. Im getting a red SUB5 soon =D, I guess I'l give the original pickgaurd to a carpenter and tell him to do the same thing but 1 ply black. the black pickgaurd looks really sweet on it, oh and manavdhir would you mind sending me more pics of your sub in a pm :smug:

10. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    here's a couple of pics of my SUB (see attachments)

Attached Files:

11. quite frankly anything would be a hell of alot nicer than the discusting sheet metal one. I'd go with a regular white one. the perloids not bad either.

12. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    :hyper: Amen brother!! :hyper:
    i hate those who diss the SUB without really giving it a go...especially those who dismiss the finish as "cheap" - sure, it's not shiny, but how many times have you recently had to wipe down your 'proper' finish?? mine looks the same it did when i bought it new, and i haven't cleaned it once :cool: