1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Red Univox Stereo Bass(Ric 4001 Clone) /w HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by newworldman86, Feb 25, 2008.

1. SOLD***I am selling my red 76' Univox Stereo Bass(ric 4001 copy).
    Great bass, nothing wrong with it, just need the money. I purchased it from a fellow TBer about 6 months ago(Hemitom). He did a great job of describing this bass so I will just use his description.
    "Redburst 1976 Univox stereo bass.
    Has one chip on the edge of the second fret E side.
    Black laquer paint job on neck heel covers a repair I had done last year.The body wings were delaminating on the back of the body were the neck heel is.My tech routed the seams out into the neck PU cavity and fixed the problem with epoxied maple blocks.I saved a few bucks by doing the beautiful touchup job myself LOL
    There is also a small crack extending out from the PG screw nearest the input jacks(yes its wired STEREO)to the binding that appears to just be just in the finish.
    The black case is in decent shape.
    Other than those items the bass is in decent shape for being 30 + years old.Fretboard and frets are in good condition with lots of life left.The original neck pup died last year so I fitted a Greco one I had sitting around.SD Basslines Ric replacement bridge pickup has also been fitted. New Gotoh tuners have been fitted which are a major improvement over the originals. Bass has nice low action and plays extremely well.The old Univox's copied the slim neck profile (front to back)of the early 4001 and tend to have a faster neck than some of the newer Rickenbackers.The neck is 1-5/8" at the nut."
    I am asking SOLD*** shipped, will consider trades that involve at least 300 cash on your end(interested in an OLP MM5 in particular, but open to other things), I need money for food and such.

Attached Files:

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    WOW... I don't imagine this will be around long.

Clone BUMP :D

4. I have the maple Univox twin of this Ric clone, also with the Duncan humbucker bridge pickup and it is an absolutely FANTASTIC bass! It's become my #1, even over my Lakland Jerry Scheff and Epi Elite T-Bird. Whoever snags this will not be disappointed!

So in a long, round-about way, BUMP! for a great looking bass.

5. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    PM sent

6. Still available.
    I would also entertain trade offers for an olp Baritone MM5 Guitar and cash. If im to trade though, there needs to be at least 300 in cash involved(again, got to eat), amount of course depending on what you have. Thanks!
    Bump

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Incredibly tempting, if only I had the cash.

8. Bump

9. BUMP 'cause I really dig those lawsuit Rickcopies

10. Lunch Bump!

11. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Bump for my old bass and a great guy to deal with.
    The heel repair is not an issue as it was repaired correctly I just couldn't at the time fund a correcty matched burst finish.
    This bass does have killer low action.:cool:

12. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    watch out...... the ric-o-cops will have you abducted.

13. Still available. Price down to 525 shipped to your front door(continental US).

14. Evading the ric-o police :bag:

15. Payday bump.

16. Bump.

17. Pm sent.

18. Any opinions on how solid these basses are? If it were my main bass, perhaps?

-pc

19. I'll take the liberty of jumping in here on Newworldman86's behalf and, granted I tweaked my '76 Mapleglo Univox Rickenfaker with a Hipshot bridge upgrade and actual Rickenbacker wiring harness and jacks, but I'm 100% serious when I say that my Rickenfaker is my #1 "go-to" bass over my Lakland Scheff and Epi Elite T-bird. It sounds huge and the neck is very playable and stable.

As with any 30 year old bass (or indeed as with any bass), just use common sense and standard precautions and these Univox basses will stand up to normal wear and tear and then some.

Mine rocks and I'm sure that this one does, as well.

20. mookie stinks

mookie stinks Banned

Feb 15, 2008
    pm sent