Red Whammy Vs Blue Whammy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stompfrog, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Does the blue digitech bass whammy sound significantly different on a bass compared to the "normal" red one?

Surely shifting an octave is shifting an octave??

Whats the difference?

Has anyone tried the red one on bass?
  2. I think the red one goes faster ... :D
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    maybe the frequency responses for the bass version is different to the red one... which may have an impact on tracking on the lower spectrum.
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i use mine, its digital so i mean you get what youd expect. It tracks pretty well. I really like it on the octave up and the detune effects. I havent really figured out a useful application for any of the harmonizer settings. The double octave down is useless on bass, the floyd setting is useless and the double octave up sounds like someone is stepping on your amp. Its a cool pedal its just not all the presets are all that useful for bass. I picked mine up for $75 couldnt turn it down.
  5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    IIRC, the whammy 4's lower end of the freq specs is 20Hz. I use the Whammy 4 because it was more readily available, I can use it on guitar, too, and it's supposed to track better. I also like the midi-controllable feature, and have never had any problems with it even on my 5 string.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ahh cool. ive been thinking about picking one up for a while, so maybe i will.. dont wanna pay the music123 price though.