Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Ok.. so i had to buy a TI 89 titanium for my math class and stuff. But what i dont get, is why are they so expensive? i had to blow $150 on the stupid thing... They are so dang confusing to :(
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're correct...that is indeed diculous again.

brad cook
  3. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I got a pretty good deal on my TI-83 plus. I found it on the floor on the last day of school two years ago. It doesn't get much better than free. I still don't know how to use it though.
  4. We bought TI-83+'s in high school, but in college we can't use them on tests and things. It's kind of annoying to learn so much about the calculator and then abandon it when you need it the most. It's still very useful for assignments and just learning math stuff. And working with brackets and exponents and stuff if much easier and less time-consuming than on a scientific calc.
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Since I figured out how to use it, my TI has been my best friend.
  6. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I love my old TI-82 workhorse.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Man, you're being a [dic] again
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook
  9. ... My bass is my best friend...
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You guys are lonely.

brad cook
  11. ya............ countless hours of practicing with my only friend...
  12. i'm sure you didn't have to buy the newest TI calculator out there!

but i know how you feel...i got the ti-89 titanium as well. it has a really different interface than other TI calcs i have tried before, but once you get the feel for it, you'll see what that machine is capable of, and you can really make a lot of good use to it!
  13. I've done that, but in a whole different context...

14. hehe ;) i see what you mean :p