1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rediscovering a Bassist I have forgotten about.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazerrus, May 17, 2011.

1. Lazerrus

Lazerrus

Dec 18, 2010
    So being an 80's teenager I like to go back an revisit old bands from my high school years. No that I'm older and more matured with my instrument I find it exciting to look at some of these bands through new glasses and pay attention to some of their bass players. One has completely impressed me. John Avila from Oingo Boingo :hyper:. This guy can play some awesome licks and there are so many Boingo tracks that are just sooooo tasty. Has anyone else ever done this? Rediscover a bassist from the past? Cheers.
    johnavila.

2. mhartman29

mhartman29

Mar 23, 2014
    Austin, TX
    100% right there with you. I love Boingo and Avila in particular. So many great basslines on top of their amazingly unique musicianship. So underrrated. Don't understand why.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Eberhard Weber.
    ...there is a recent thread talking about his catalog being re-issued. His '70s ECM albums have been on my list forever...just now (finally), picking a few of them up.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...did either of you check out zombiebassist's thread on John Avila?