Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rednecks, fireworks, and eagles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nashvillebill, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Not what it might seem...

At the city park next to my house, the Wildlife Resource folks set up a bald eagles nest on one of the electrical power towers. Pretty cool, there's an adult pair and I can hear eaglets at night when I'm walking the dog.

Tonight some folks started shooting off fireworks right underneath the tower. Not tiny firecrackers, but big exploding rocket types, going off right by the eagles nest. I can see the tower from my back yard, it's very close, and I saw the startled adult eaglets fly around the tower, screaming in terror.

Thinking the folks may just not know about the nest, I hollered at them, told them there's a nesting pair of bald eagles, yah yah yah. This time they pointed the next rocket right at the nest!!!

So I told them "keep this s**t up, I'm calling the cops" After all, it is illegal to set off fireworks in town....and also illegal to disturb an endangered species.

Of course, being typical rednecks, some woman hollered back "go ahead, call the cops..."

So I did. While I was waiting outside to see if the cops showed up, a car with some women and a baby stopped by and thanked me for doing something.

I'm not sure if the cops showed up or not, I couldn't see through the trees, but a few minutes later the fireworks did indeed stop and the park became very quiet. I hope a couple of drunk rednecks went to jail....and the eagles don't abandon their nest.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Nice job man!

Justice is served. Stupid rednecks, I bet they didn't even know what the Bald Eagle means to America. :rolleyes:

3. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    dude! thats why you keep your own arsonal of explosives and sky rockets. i would of pointed a few at `em and see how they liked it.

4. Start setting lynyrd skynyrd records on fire, then those hicks would cry!

Actually , I dont condone this, I love LS.

5. sounds like my damn neighbors, two mid twenties adults with like 9000 kids . Rednecks from hell they are.

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Actually, those guys are effeminate, metrosexual, limp wristed, panty waisted, girly men, city slickers ( and the woman is a card carrying member of NOW).

Real rednecks will use a shotgun on the eagles. And nosy neighbors. [scattergun shuffle] :bassist: [/scattergun shuffle]

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    LOL
    :D

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Come on now, in all fairness, there's a lot of rednecks that are basically very good people.

And it's kinda like being around the Amish in Pennsylvania, it's hard to get into the "inner circle", but once you get to know them, and they accept you, they'll go to the ends of the earth on your behalf.

I agree that there are "some" redneck-types who like to fire off their pistols in the air.

But I'd call those people just "stupid", and not representative of the redneck breed.

What do you say?

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I live in the soccer mom haven of suburban People's Republik of Southern Kalifornia and folks are right now discharging weapons inside the city limits because it's the 4th of July. Urban or rural, stupid people are everywhere.

10. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    It's not the stupidity...it's the amount of PRIDE they take in their stupidity

11. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ha ha - we're supposed to play a gig over in Simi Valley on the 4th. There's a substantial redneck crowd over there. That'll be interesting. :D

Well, I live in Burbank, and I can guarantee you that if you tried to shoot off a few rounds into the air over here, the cops would be down on your *ss in a microsecond.

It's actually a very nice feeling, to know that we have some modicum of protection. Let's put it this way - firing a few round might be "fun", but a) they're going to come down somewhere, and b) there's a lot better ways of having fun.

I was just trying to dissociate the "redneck" thing from the "gun" thing, is all. :D

12. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Thank you I was about to cry here.... What some people call a Redneck is nothing but a Working Man. You can tell buy the sweet on his brow and the calluses on his hands...CDB

Anyway, those kind of people around these parts is call White Trash...And good for you I cant believe in this time some one would disrespect an Egale.....Well if they acted like that tward me the Redneck in me would of came out with a baseball bat.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Good job Nashvillebill :)

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    BABIES!

YEAH, BABIES! :mad:

15. And nobody thinks to shoot into the ground... that's real ignorance. I'm from Oklahoma and I've seen people shoot into the air more times than I care to admit.

16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What happens when a bullet comes down, and let's say, hits someone on the head, is he/she dead? I guess so, but why are people always firing into the air? Really stupid me thinks.

17. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  18. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well, unfortunately, it looks like I won't be making the gig, I'm too sick right now. The best I can do is spout verbiage from the laptop over here. :D

It's too bad, some of those people really know how to party. In a good way. :)

I wish y'all a happy 4th. :bassist:

19. Really? My brother who lives in LA married a girl from Simi Valley..............of course they must be rednecks, her family all live across the street from each other! :D

20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, i remember reading about a klan member dying a year or so ago because of this.