1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Redone Bass Day: Finally know what the fuss is all about.... Bisonic/Darkstar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevinpmajka, Feb 6, 2021.

1. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    So I bought a blemish pickup from Curtis Novak last year and it finally got installed into my lightest parts precision bass.

I didn't want to mess with this one since it was perfect.... but now it's better and it balances better. (heavy Warmoth neck and heavy pickup = good balance).

It's a keeper of a pickup and a keeper of a bass.

• Chandler Music Pickguards / Pickguard Heaven made the pickguard. It was money but it's great.
    • Bayou Audio did the harness.
    • Milano Music in Mesa, AZ did the work.
    Very pleased. Need to play it loud tomorrow. Initial tests - very cool - I imagine with the some gain - the lower output split should be a lot of fun with taming fuzz if I ever do that kind of thing. It's an authoritative output on the Big output.

Next up is a replacement Lollar split coil fiesta red relic precision bass project to replace this one!

Darkstar.jpg

2. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Nice.

I'm a big Bi-Sonic fan.

kevinpmajka likes this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Curtis is Da Man.

kevinpmajka likes this.
  4. That looks really nice !!!

kevinpmajka likes this.
  5. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Bi-Sonics are amazing. I have a '60's Hagstrom Coronado IV with an original pair and I am convinced at some point I'll have to put together a new one, similar to yours.

Nice job!! I know that bass rocks!

6. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    Aw thanks, everybody. I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah, I already want a short scale with one too. Hooked!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021