1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Redording only from one side?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Moonsoft, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Moonsoft

Moonsoft

Aug 28, 2006
    I bought an ESI MAYA 44, a pro sound card with lost of power, but after recording the sound is panned to the left! I mean, no right sound whatsoever. It happened the same when I was using my motherboard card, I plug it into the "Line Entrance" and it only recorded one side of the sound. But if I placed it into the "Microphone Entrance" then the sound would come out normal, but with less quality. What should I do >_<

2. Moonsoft

Moonsoft

Aug 28, 2006
    Also, my Guitar Pro program became slow since this new card, it plays slow ;_;

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Your software is recording the line-in as a stereo track. Thus, you're only sending it information to one side. Look into your settings and set the input to one chanel recording.

Sorry if that's vague. I'm not really familiar with your specific setup, but the problem is fairly universal.

4. What they ^^^^ said.

I had that issue with my setup when I first started out. I was very confused untill I noticed I had to change it to a mono channel first.