1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD REDUCED Schecter Blackjack ATX C-4 Bass Guitar, Aged Black Satin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by azfatboy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    Well, I've only been playing a few months, and I already have too many. The bass was purchased new in July of this year. It is not a current model for Schecter, and they are flat out hard to find. I couldn't believe I found a new one, and it really surpassed all my expectations.

When in production, the Blackjack ATX had a street price of over $1000, so it really is a top of the line Schecter--easily comparable to, say, the Hellraiser Extreme. The biggest difference is the pickups, Seymour Duncan Blackouts on the Blackjack vs. EMGs on the Hellraiser. Both are great pickups, so for me that is a wash. However, I selected the Blackjack model due to the satin finish, and the fretboard inlay is a bit less, erm, ostentatious.

I am not sure why, but I don't think Schecter gets near the respect it deserves up here on TB. I now own several basses, and the quality, playability, sound, and overall value of Schecter instruments as a whole, and bass in particular is, imho, simply unmatched. They also look absolutely killer! When I first started playing bass, and I bought my Gretsch, I loved it and still do, but I didn't get it for the looks. Nothing really jumped out at me--until I "noticed" the Schecter Omen Extreme-4. That body shape is, for me, the best looking bass out there, period.

The ONLY reason I am selling this bass is because when it rains it pours. Not long after I acquired this beauty, I lucked into a great deal on a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-5 (the same exact bass in a 5-string version), so this bass is the closest to a "duplicate" that I have.

Honestly, this is probably the smoothest bass I have. It feels great--balanced, no fret noise, stays in tune, and looks immaculate. The high-mass bridge allows for bridge or thru-body stringing (currently it is strung thru-body). And the Grover tuners keep it locked in and in tune. The set-neck design gives a very clean look from the back, and the satin black finish with black chrome hardware just oozes understated elegance. I even installed black strings (DR Black Beauties) and black Dunlop Straplocks to maximize the "blacked-out" look. This thing is a TONE MONSTER. It has sustain for days, and puts out a nice strong signal. I honestly haven't even scratched the surface of the versatility that this bass has to offer...

Included is a Schecter Nylon hard case. This case has the ballistic nylon outer cover, but it is still rigid, just like a hard case. It has a full-color Schecter logo stitched on one side, and it is great condition. This is a nice case that will protect as well as a hard case, but is much lighter.

I've uploaded a bunch of pics that show how immaculate this bass is, including a pic of the bass with the original strings, so you can see how much difference the black strings made.

I have reduced the price to $525 shipped CONUS.

This is not a teen-owned run-of-the-mill Guitar Center Shredder Special--although this is definitely the BEST BASS FOR METAL!!!! :D

This is a $1000 bass, practically new, adult-owned, and gently cared for. Throw in the case, strings, and other extras, and this is WAY less than half price for an incredible instrument that is practically brand new.

Schecter2.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. B0NEYARD

B0NEYARD

Jan 13, 2011
    Nashville Tn.
    OMG I have been looking for this bass forever....I have the sunburst edition but would rather have the flat black since I am in an OZZY tribute band.....Wish I would have seen this before you sold it.....Any chance the guy you sold it to would want to trade the black one for a sunburst version?.....

3. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    Yeah, I still miss it. Didn't think I would ever give up that bass.

Anyway, I sold it locally, but to a guy who was only in town briefly to visit family. He actually bought it the day he was headed home--to Ireland... I have no way to contact. Sorry. :(

4. B0NEYARD

B0NEYARD

Jan 13, 2011
    Nashville Tn.
    It's all good......Thanks for responding.....