1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Reduced: Two German Bows, Made in Germany.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Steve Boisen, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    I am selling two vintage German-style double bass bows. Both are made in Germany and have brazilwood sticks and ebony frogs. Both bows are straight and in good used condition.

Bow # 1 is stamped "Keller" and "Germany" and the stick has a reddish finish with a simple leather wrap. The ebony frog has a pearl dot & slide and a nickel ferrule. The screw is black plastic. It has a full hank of hair although it is older. I don't have an exact weight but it is fairly light.

Bow # 2 has a comfortable "Viennese" shaped ebony frog with a mother-of-pearl slide, nickel ferrule and no dot. The stick has a brown finish and a leatherette & imitation whalebone wrap. The screw is ebony with a pearl dot. The markings have worn off from years of use, but the word "Germany" is still visible. This bow was re-haired by Violin Shop Tampa within the last year. I don't have an exact weight but it is heavier than bow # 1.

I'm asking $200 shipped each. I may consider a discount if someone wants to buy both bows. No international shipping.

- Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. MacKraw

MacKraw Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Interested! PM

3. Steve Boisen

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    PM's replied to.

- Steve

4. BrahmsBeard

BrahmsBeard

Mar 23, 2018
    Interested if still for sale. Just pm'd

5. Steve Boisen

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I've had a few inquiries about these bows.
    • I'm willing to send one or both on trial, but the buyers pays the shipping costs if they are returned
    • I'm not willing to ship them outside the US
    I don't see too many European made bows in this price range. I think these are a good bargain.

- Steve

6. Steve Boisen

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Price dropped to $200 each.

At this price, you're typically looking at a Chinese student-grade bow. Will consider trading one of these bows for a new set of Spircore Weichs.

- Steve

7. Chuckr

Chuckr

Dec 18, 2011
    Hi Steve, I'm in the market for a bow. I'd consider buying both if you would consider a discount for two.
    Thanks
    Chuck